For women who are not already under the care of a gynecologist or OBGYN, Dr. Samuels provides general gynecology treatment including:
- Annual Well Woman’s Exam – pap smear, etc
- Birth Control
- Treatment for:
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Heavy Periods
- Vaginal Infections
- Urinary Incontinence
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Hysterectomy (Minimally-Invasive)
Hysterectomy refers to removal of the uterus. By removing the uterus, a woman’s hormonal balance is not affected unless the ovaries are removed at the same time in a procedure called an oophorectomy.
Many women can benefit from a hysterectomy:
- Women with abnormal or heavy periods that have exhausted other options
- Women with large fibroids (benign tumors) in the uterus affecting quality of life who no longer want to bear children
- Women with cancer
- Women with a fallen uterus (prolapse) A hysterectomy can be performed in a number of ways:
- Minimally-Invasive through tiny holes in the abdomen with a robot or a laparoscope
- Vaginal Hysterectomy through the vagina, leaving no incisions on the abdomen
- Abdominal Hysterectomy through a small bikini incision, avoiding scarring on the abdomen
- Supracervical, an option for women who would prefer to retain their cervix for any reason
Many women suffer from fibroids, generally benign tumors of the uterine muscle that come in different shapes and sizes and affect women in different ways. Generally, fibroids do not go away on their own. Especially for women who want to conceive, a myomectomy may be necessary to remove these fibroids. Depending on location and size of the fibroids, a myomectomy can be performed in different ways:
- Abdominally through a relatively small incision
- Endometrial Ablation
For women who suffer with heavy or abnormal bleeding, ablation (burning away) of the inside of the cavity where the bleeding comes from during a period is a great option. This is a relatively quick procedure done on an outpatient basis that is especially useful for women whom other medications have failed or who cannot take those medications.
- Tubal Sterilization
Sterilization procedures are permanent. They are designed for the woman who has made the definitive decision not to have any more children. If so desired, the procedure can be reversed, but this is extremely difficult with very low success rates.
Vaginal Rejuvenation- Cosmetic Gynecology
Additionally, we specialize in aesthetic / cosmetic gynecology treatments for vaginal rejuvenation such as:
- Labiaplasty – A labiaplasty is a vaginal rejuvenation surgery that reduces the size of the inner labia minora. This procedure is generally known as a labiaplasty. Labiaplasty procedures are becoming more common for aesthetic reasons to increase a woman’s confidence.
- Vaginoplasty -vaginal rejuvenation surgery that tightens the female pelvic floor muscles in the surrounding areas of the vagina.
- Vaginal Tightening:
- ThermiVa is part of the newest revolution in female pelvic healthcare. Using the newest technology – radiofrequency, the device delivers a gentle heat that is painless and rejuvenates cell biology. The vaginal tightening treatment is completely non-invasive and the ideal alternative for women who want to avoid surgery or for those who truly don’t need surgery.
- Diva Tyte laser vaginal tighteting is the newest cutting edge approach to improving vaginal health. We use the latest Erbium/Diode laser individually customized by Dr. Samuels to give the best results with respect to the aspects of vaginal health YOU want improved.