Since earning my MD, I have focused on being a leader in my field of medicine. I have done this through research and using advanced treatment methods for my patients. Providing the best care for patients is my number one priority. As I started working in the field, I saw the need for advanced treatments specifically for women. This is because the female anatomy is interconnected to other areas in the pelvis and body. Because of this, I trained, and now practice in advanced specialties explicitly focused on women. At Essentially You, we offer a wide variety of treatment options.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation, Tightening, and Reconstruction
- Bladder and Bowel Leakage
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
The pelvic area is complex and interconnected. AtEssentially You, we understand that if there is a problem in one area of the pelvis, there are likely more. Instead of a patient going to different doctors to treat each issue, it is better to have one doctor. Having one doctor ensures that nothing falls through the cracks. Your health matters and should be treated comprehensively.
Essentially You works tirelessly to bring their patients the latest vaginal rejuvenation treatment options for their overall wellbeing. Whether it’s a tool like ThermiVa, the newest revolution in female pelvic healthcare, or another state of the art technique, you can trust Dr. Samuels and her staff to put your health and welfare at the forefront.
Sexual Enhancement & Wellness
Top of the line technologies
What is the Difference Between a Urogynecologist and a Gynecologist?
An obstetrician and gynecologist focus on women’s health. They see patients for a wide variety of issues, including menstrual issues, pregnancy, childbirth, and hormone issues. A urogynecologist focuses on issues related to the pelvic area.
A urogynecologist combines both specialties and adds additional expertise. They can treat multiple issues within the pelvic area. They treat conditions that affect female organs, including the muscles and tissue that support them. Traditionally, women who have pelvic issues would have to see multiple doctors. Now, there is an option to have treatment by one doctor.
Due to the unique experiences of women, the female body can have many pelvic issues. Childbirth, weight gain, hormonal changes, genetics, and natural aging can all have an impact on a woman’s body. These can all impact multiple areas of the pelvic region.
When Should I See a Urogynecologist?
There are multiple reasons, including pelvic floor issues, vaginal rejuvenation, or reconstruction.
Pelvic Floor Issues
The pelvic floor is the group of muscles that support the organs in the pelvis. Issues with the pelvic floor can cause discomfort and problems with urination. Below you will find several factors that can affect the pelvic floor.
- Repeated Strenuous Activity
- Pelvic Surgery
- Family History
Below you will find symptoms related to issues with the pelvic floor. If you experience any of these issues, contact Essentially You for a consultation.
- Heaviness, fullness, or aching in the vagina.
- Difficulty peeing or emptying your bladder.
- Feeling the need to pee often and quickly.
- Multiple UTIs.
- Leaking when you cough, laugh or exercise.
If you have experienced one of the factors above and any related symptoms, contact us for an appointment.
Vaginal Reconstruction or Rejuvenation
For many women, the same issues that would lead to problems with the pelvic floor also lead to vaginal issues. There are options for women who experience difficulties with their female organs. Some are cosmetic, and others are for the health and well-being of the person.
Below you will find some of the reconstructive treatment options Essentially You offers.
- Uterus Removal: This involves the removal of the uterus. Women seek this due to issues with their cycle, cancer, or those who no longer want to have children.
- Fibroid Treatment: Fibroids are benign tumors located in the uterus, which can be removed.
- Endometrial Ablation: This involves burning away the inside of the cavity where menstrual bleeding comes from. This is an excellent option for women who suffer from heavy or abnormal bleeding.
- Tubal Sterilization: This is for women who have made the permanent decision to no longer have children.
In addition, Essentially You offers a variety of rejuvenation procedures.
- Reductions: There two types of vaginal reductions. One involves a reduction in the outer folds located on both sides of the opening of the vagina. The other involves the reduction in the inner skin between the outer folds of the vagina.
- Tightening: This involves tightening the vaginal area.